Kitchen or Bathroom Backsplash
A backsplash is used to protect walls behind countertops from damage due to cooking spills or water. Backsplashes can also be a beautiful design feature in a room and add drama and color. While other types of materials such as bead board or laminate have been used for backsplashes, tile is by far the preferred material for most people. When choosing a tile material remember that stone can be beautiful and add texture but smooth glass, ceramic, and porcelain tiles are often preferable as a kitchen tile because they are easy to clean and do not have ridges that could trap food or dirt.
![]() |
| © Baloncici | Dreamstime Stock Photos &Stock Free Images |
Tiled walls can work in much the same way that a backsplash does; just on a much larger scale. Tile walls in kitchens and bathrooms can protect against water damage because of the high water resistance of tile. Of course, one of the most popular areas to tile a wall is in a shower or around a bathtub. Tiled showers and tub surrounds can be both functional and beautiful. Tile does not flex or bend with weight and is very durable. It can also be custom fit to be used in odd or awkward shaped spaces where it would be difficult to fit a premade shower surround. Moreover, because tile is available in so many different colors and shapes, it can be used as a design element in a room.
Floors
Even though many people think of tile solely as a flooring material, there is a reason it is such a popular option for floors. Tile is great for use in wet areas due to its water resistance and it does not scratch or scuff like other flooring materials. It is naturally stain resistant and exceptionally durable to wear. It is also very easy to maintain. Spills can be wiped up easily with most mild cleaning solutions. Installation can be somewhat time intensive, but many handy homeowners have learned to install tile effectively on their own.
Furniture and Home Accents
Tile can also be used to create eye catching home furnishings to update the look of a room. A side or coffee table can be tiled to create a beautiful piece of mosaic furniture. Light fixtures and wall hangings can also be updated using light reflective glass or metal tiles to create works of art. By being creative and thinking in terms of color, texture, and visual interest, tile can be used on a number of different surfaces to create a very unique and appealing look.
Whether its glass tiles for backsplash in the kitchen or bathroom, tile can be a very cost effective and useful material for updating a room. You don’t have to spend a lot to enjoy a big impact. Furthermore, with so many different tile options to choose from, there is sure to be a tile product that is a perfect fit for updating any room in a house.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I received compensation was received. All opinions are mine alone and may differ from those of your own. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising"

Tiling can add a lot of visual interest! I saw a great mosaic sidetable on pinterest a while back and I've been meaning to make one for my patio.
ReplyDeleteI love the look of tile. I am going to redo my bathroom with a new tile color - goodbye harvest gold
ReplyDeleteI am not sure what Backsplashes are. I wil have to look into that. I am considering tile due to extreme alergies. There are pros and cons but to be alergy free would be worth it.
ReplyDeleteSorry about all the typos My keyboard slipped
ReplyDeleteI would love to update my bathroom with tile! I like the look of tile and think it is a great product to use on it. I know tiles for flooring are also really nice and look classy!
ReplyDeleteLove this. I will have to try it soon
ReplyDeleteWe have heavy stone tiles on our bathroom floor. It is freezing cold all the time. I wish we could update it. Although if I had my way I would have cork floor as to tile and pretty glass tiles for the back-splash.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful bathroom ideas! Makes me look at ours in a whole new way. Thanks for the ideas.
ReplyDelete