Monday, March 25, 2013

Disney Live! Mickey's Music Festival {Review} #NY #NJ


I recently had the opportunity to take E, my nephew Ryan and his mom, Kristin, to Disney Live! Mickey's Music Festival at Madison Square Garden in New York City. About the show:
Mickey Mouse and friends rock the world with the stars from The Little Mermaid, Aladdin and Disney/Pixar’s Toy Story in their new touring show Disney Live! Mickey’s Music Festival.  Disney hits are remixed to the hottest sounds of today featuring hip hop, pop, swing, reggae, rock, country and much more!  The irresistible lineup of performers, including Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy; Ariel, Sebastian and Ursula; Jasmine, Aladdin and Genie; and Woody, Buzz and Jessie; are among the more than 25 Disney stars featured in this jam session fit for the entire family!  You can’t resist dancing, singing, playing your air-guitar and laughing with this band of characters!  Come join them at Disney Live! Mickey’s Music Festival for a lively concert experience guaranteed to deliver enough rockin’ memories to last a lifetime.
The show began shortly after we took our seats and the kids started clapping their hands and stomping their little feet to "Let's Rock the Mouse", a number that featured Mickey, Minnie and the gang!

A short while later, Mickey tries to play an old lamp as an instrument which releases the genie from Aladdin! I was actually singing along to a few of the songs which included "A Whole New World" Which is one of my favorite songs from my own childhood.

E has never seen Aladdin or The Little Mermaid but was dancing to the music and popular songs from both movies. At one point, the mermaids were dancing to Beyonce's "Single Ladies" which was fun and a popular song that the crowd sang along to. There were also some other well know songs heard from musicians such as Black Eyed Peas, Toni Basil, and Sly and the Family Stone. 

The kids loved when Goofy accidentally sent Woody and Jessie from Toy Story to "infinity and beyond" where they are rescued by Buzz Lightyear! A meteor shower (large bouncy balls) are bounced into the audience! The crowd in front of us went wild, tossing the meteors back and forth to each other. It looked like so much fun, I wish we had been closer to the stage but it was great to watch!

The show lasted about 90 minutes with a 15 minute intermission which in my opinion is perfect timing. At the end of the show we headed over to the front of the stage for a photo meet and greet with Mickey and Minnie Mouse!

From right to left: Minnie, E, Me, Ryan, Kristin and Mickey 

This was by far my favorite show that I've taken E to. It was very stimulating, interactive and age appropriate. Bottom line, We all had a blast! I highly recommend seeing Disney Live! Mickey's Music Festival! Even if your child isn't familiar with the characters, if they enjoy music they will probably love the show! 


The Theater at Madison Square Garden
4 Pennsylvania Plaza
New York, NY 10001

Ticket Prices: $125.00 / $85.00 / $65.00/ $40.00* / $25.00*
Special Offers: *Kids Tickets $20

Show Times: Thursday, March 21, 2013 7:00PM
Friday, March 22, 2013 7:00PM
Saturday, March 23, 2013 1:00PM & 5:00PM
Sunday, March 24, 2013 1:00PM & 5:00PM
Wednesday, March 27, 2013 1:00PM & 5:00PM
Thursday, March 28, 2013 1:00PM & 5:00PM
Friday, March 29, 2013 1:00PM & 5:00PM
Saturday, March 30, 2013 1:00PM & 5:00PM
Sunday, March 31, 2013 1:00PM & 5:00PM

Nassau Coliseum
1255 Hempstead Turnpike
Uniondale, NY 11553

Ticket Prices: $90.00 / $70.00 / $35.00* / $25.00*
Special Offers: *Kids Tickets $15

Show Times: Wednesday, April 3, 2013 4:00PM & 7:00PM

Westchester County Center
198 Central Avenue
White Plains, NY 10606

Ticket Prices: $120.00 / $80.00 / $60.00/ $35.00* / $25.00*
Special Offers: *Kids Tickets $15

Show Times: Thursday, April 4, 2013 7:00PM
Friday, April 5, 2013 7:00PM
Saturday, April 6, 2013 11:00AM, 3:00PM & 7:00PM
Sunday, April 7, 2013 1:00PM & 5:00PM

IZOD Center
50 State Route 120
East Rutherford, NJ 07073

Ticket Prices: $80.00 / $60.00 / $35.00* / $25.00*
Special Offers: *Kids Tickets $15

Show Times: Sunday, April 14, 2013 1:00PM & 5:00PM

Tickets are available at Ticketmaster.com, Ticketmaster Retail Locations, the arena Box Offices or by calling 1-800-745-3000.

To discover more about Disney Live!, go to www.disneylive.com, or visit us on Facebook and YouTube.

About Feld Entertainment:
Feld Entertainment is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that lift the human spirit and create indelible memories, with 30 million people in attendance at its shows each year.  Feld Entertainment’s productions have appeared in more than 70 countries on six continents and include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey®, Feld Motor Sports, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!.
Disclosure: I received a product or service in order to facilitate my review. No other form of compensation was received. All opinions are mine alone and may differ from those of your own. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising" 

10 comments:

  1. This show looks like so much fun. I bet my C would LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son who is three would really love this show. He is a super Mickey Fan. It looks like you guys had a large time. Wish we lived closer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great for the kids, and even fun for the grownups.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww my daughter would have a blast at one of these. I never knew about them so thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Trisha, this show sounds like it would be great to go see. I wonder when it will show up in California?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went to the opening show at Madison Square Garden and my 16 month old and 9 year old daughters LOVED it. I agree it was the right amount of time to hold their attention.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like so much fun. I look forward to taking my niece to shows like this when she is a bit older.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope they come to Texas! My 3 year old would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How I wish I lived closer! That is my kids favorite. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like a lot of fun! Hopefully they will come here!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis