Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Baked Salmon Over Rice #LoveEveryMinute @Minute_Rice


Minute® Rice has been a staple or a side in plenty of meals I ate when growing up. For a part of my childhood my mom worked the night shift so she needed to find recipes that were simple and convenient for her busy schedule. Some of my favorite dishes include her taco salad that included Minute® Rice and Rice with mixed steamed veggies.

Although I try to plan meals in advance, sometimes I'm unable to and find myself having to throw something together at the last minute which can be tough! I love salmon and like to keep frozen salmon filets in the freezer. If I ever forget to thaw out my salmon, I have a quick and easy recipe that requires ingredients that you find in most cupboards. Keep in mind, the ingredients are per filet so if you are making more than one filet, make sure to have extra ingredients as needed.

Ingredients:
Salmon-
Salmon filets (frozen)
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. sea salt 
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1 tsp. dried dill weed (optional) Lemon slices (optional)
Baking pan
Aluminum foil

Rice-
1 cup of Minute® Rice
1 cup water
Pot

Directions:
1. Preheat you oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place salmon filet in a lightly greased baking pan.
3. Pour the lemon juice over the filet(s). Sprinkle salt, pepper, and dried dill weed over the top of the filet. 
4. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil, and place the baking pan into the oven. Rule of thumb is 5minutes per ounce (ie. 4oz frozen salmon filet= 20 mins).
5. While the salmon is baking, bring water to boil. Stir in rice and cover. 
6. Remove the pot from heat, let stand 5 minutes or until water is absorbed.
7. Add rice to to dish, lay salmon filet on top and garnish with lemon slices.  


I did not use dried dill weed on my salmon filet but it still tasted great. It tastes even better when you do use the dill weed! I added some baby brussels sprouts as a side. It's not a combination you would normally see but I truly believe the brussels sprouts compliment the salmon and Minute® Rice. The meal is simple yet tasty and filling. Even my husband who is not a fan of salmon, enjoyed it with the rice. 


I love Minute® Rice, mainly because of how easy and convenient it is to make! I also prefer its quality over other brand. It can be a great main meal or side dish not just for dinner but also for a family get-together or potluck!

How do you use Minute® Rice? What is your favorite dish that includes it?
Minute® Rice is so quick and easy to prepare and is great pantry staple. When meal time seems like a hassle, Minute® Rice is a go-to ingredient your whole family will love and allows you to have more quality time doing what your want with your loved ones. 
Leftover rotisserie chicken or veggies from a meal earlier in the week? Minute® Rice can easily be paired with some of your leftover ingredients to make a quick, easy and wholesome meal your whole family will love in just a matter of minutes. 
Visit http://www.minuterice.com/ to create a great main meal or side dish for your next family get-together or potluck. 
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Rice.

Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I received a product or service in order to facilitate my review. Monetary compensation was received. All opinions are mine alone and may differ from those of your own. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising"

8 comments:

  1. OMG!! I loveeeee salmon and this looks like a great recipe. The only problem is that I am the only one that likes it in my family so I am going to have to make other food for everyone else on that night. UGH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not eat enough salmon. I think I will use this recipe as an excuse to head over to whole foods and pick some up for dinner! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never used Minute Rice. I wasn't sure if it was good or not. As far as I know I have never eaten it anywhere. It sure looks good with your salmon. I could eat salmon several times a week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never used Minute Rice before, but it sounds easy! I know my hubby would love this recipe... he love Salmon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good. I would use tuna instead. Salmon is a bit too gamy tasting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've used Minute Rice with a ton of things. That way I didn't have to eat just canned soup and Top Ramen =P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy, yummy looking recipe! Salmon is one of my favourite foods and I adore rice. Will definitely be trying this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This recipe looks very tasty. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis