Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Wordless Wednesday: Potty Time!

We've been practicing EC (Elimination Communication) so whenever E gives me cues, I sit her on her Pourty. We don't use EC consistently but I 'm hoping to start soon. Here's a shot I got of E on her potty and looking at her Once Upon a Potty book. 




Other awesome blogs to link up with!


Tots and Me



Cookin' for my Captain



47 comments:

  1. Awesome! We started that and ended it about a few weeks later. I was pregnant with #2 and it was just too much. Now we are working on potty training. Fun times. lol Best of luck! Can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck!!!! We started but I have not been as consistent as I hoped...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! You are more on the ball than I ever was. The preschool teacher had to tell me "He's ready!" I was horrified and embarrassed, but guess who was potty trained THAT WEEKEND! lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! I taught preschool and in my experience it was pretty normal for boys to potty train later than girls.

      Delete
  4. That's cute :), sometimes we all need to bring a book in the bathroom with us lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a cute photo of your little one!
    Happy WW!
    Verena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes we have that book and DVD. My kids are past that stage. I think it's a fun stage. Many think it's messy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I def need to get that DVD. The book is so cute!

      Delete
  7. Such a cute picture! We also practice ECing, I will say it is much harder with my boy than with my daughter. Keep up the good work, and don't get discouraged with regressions and misses :) I think I may also follow along and post my WW post on Potty time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the reassurance Kiyomi! I know they say the earlier the better so I felt like I was attempting EC a little late in the game since she just turned 11 months old and from what I read, its suggested to start when your baby is just a few weeks old. I feel like now I can understand her cues better. We're trying though! Hopefully we will be more consistent with EC soon. =)

      Delete
    2. Not a problem! I know it can be hard at times, especially when they finally seem to have gotten a rhythm down. Learning how your child/baby communicates is one of the best things we, as parents, can do. :) Keep up the good work, if you need any help or have any questions feel free to email me dickinsoncustomfurniture at yahoo.com :) I am, by no means, an expert, but I have done it once and am going through it again :)

      Delete
  8. Now that my kids are adults, they realize this is one of the most useful things I ever taught them. ;)

    Joyce
    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2012/03/wordless-wednesday-purim-in-israel.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute shot. Have to say I just waited til my girls were ready, at about 2 1/2 with both Tabitha and Amelia. they woke up one day and said they wanted to wear undies ( which we had already purchased and had ready in the dresser). There were a few accidents, but they did very well.
    So, what cues do you look for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Basically her cues have been either crawling over to the potty or sometimes she'll stand up and hunch over a bit and I know she'll need to go. So far so good though! We've had accidents but thats been expected =)

      Delete
  10. That's awesome! She's adorable

    ReplyDelete
  11. one time I don't miss...good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck! Btw, in the book, is that potty the shape of a vase?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck! It is so wonderful when they finally get trained. Hope it's smooth sailing for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, I am a new follower with GFC. She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck! I think it's a really cool idea but don't think I could do it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We're navigating the potty terrain around here as well...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good luck! That's a cute picture.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute! Good Luck! We didn't do EC - but Squishy trained at 26 months, and that worked for me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. She's the cutest! :) And her potty is pick too! :)

    Best Regards!
    Des of chicsassymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think little girls are easy, don't give up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a cutie :O)
    Just hopping by from http://mhanks-somethinglikelife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Bless,fun days...that book looks so interesting too :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. 2 boys i have... and we're doe with this stage. yay! good luck on your cutiepie!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very cute! I remember these days with mine! Stopping by via Alexa tour! http://kelleysnutrition.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis