Friday, March 30, 2012

Growing Greens Organic Cotton Diaper from Babee Greens Review



In the first few months of Baby E's life, I was diapering her in pockets, prefolds, or fitteds. Once E grew out of her prefolds and fitteds, I just continued to use her one size pocket diapers. I really did miss using fitteds because I liked the idea of not having to stuff a diaper with an insert. 

I recently had the opportunity to try out a Growing Greens Organic Fitted Diaper from Babee Greens.


Features of the Growing Greens OS Fitted include: 
  • 2 part system (fitted and contour)
  • Made of organic cotton
  • Fits babies 5-35 lbs
  • Row of non-PVC, hypoallergenic snaps for customizing the rise (fitting babies 18-35 lbs)
  • Hidden row of snaps that can be folded down to fit 10-18 lbs
  • Contour features umbilical cord cutout
The contours umbilical cord cutout (as seen in the picture above) is perfect for newborns 5-10 lbs and can be used with a cover. As your little one grows, you can use the fitted diaper alone with the front folded down, which will fit babies 10-18 lbs.

Baby E is 21 pounds so we use the fitted diaper, unfolded, with the snap-in contour for extra absorbency. The diaper was nice and snug around her thighs and the elastic waist gave a comfortable fit. 


The organic cotton is incredibly soft and has remained soft even after a few washes. The cotton used to make the diaper is grown and milled in the U.S.A. 

I love that the elastic waist allows toddlers to be able to pull the diaper up and down themselves which is great for potty training. 

It's recommended to wash the diaper in hot water using biodegradable detergent. Within the first three washes your Growing Green diapers will likely shrink to size, mostly in length. You may tumble dry or just hang the diaper in sunlight.

Overall, I really do love this diaper. I honestly can't find anything that I don't like about it. I will tell you that at night, I do use a cover over it even though its really not necessary. I haven't had any issues with leaks, not even when E wears the diaper at night. I truly wish I had known about these one size fitteds when E was born because I would have loved to have taken advantage of the countour with umbilical cord cutout.

I would recommend this diaper to anyone. It's easy enough to use for someone who is just staring to cloth diaper and great for someone who prefers to use fitteds on their little one. 

Make sure to visit Babee Greens on Facebook and Twitter! Check out the other products Babee Greens has to offer including wool longies and shorties, nursing pads, and more! 

Buy it!
You can purchase a Growing Greens Fitted Diaper from Babee Greens for $19.95 from the Babee Greens website!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. 

5 comments:

  1. This looks incredible. I am going to look into buying it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice! I have never heard of this brand and I have been cloth diapering for 4 years! thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks nice. I have not heard of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh more fluff for my stash. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great diaper. Wish I still had some little kids around, but they are all grown up now.
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis