Like I've mentioned before, It's so important to establish healthy oral habits when your children are young. Children should brush twice a day with toothpaste and floss when brushing. It is recommended that children also brush between meals. Parent's should supervise brushing and flossing until they feel that the child can brush and floss on their own.
We recently had the opportunity to try GUM Crayola Pip-Squeaks Twinpack Toothbrushes, GUM Crayola Flossers, and a GUM Star Wars Manual Toothbrush from Sunstar GUM's line of Children's Dental products.
GUM Crayola Pip-Squeaks Toothbrushes
These toothbrushes are recommended for children 3 years of age and older and make brushing fun with 4 unique faces in bright Crayola colors that your child will love! The narrow, tapered head is ideal for small mouths and the ultra soft bristles are gentle on your little one's gums while the raised bristles help to clean hard to reach places.
GUM Crayola Pip-Squeaks Toothbrushes are perfect for little hands and a fun toothbrush for preschoolers. My 4 year old nephew Angel loves the fun faces on each Pip-Squeak. As a mom, I like that the soft bristles are gently on teeth and gums. One of my favorite features is the suction cup at the bottom of the toothbrush which makes for east storage when the toothbrush is not in use.
GUM Crayola Flossers
GUM Crayola Flossers are intended for children 3 years of age and older and make flossing fun and easy for kids and their parents! The Flossers feature an easy grip handle in three fun designs. The shred resistant floss with fluoride is grape flavored and each package contains 40 Flossers. To Use, simply hold the Flosser between the thumb and index finger and gently motion back and forth to insert floss. Have your child curve the floss around each tooth, moving up and down against the tooth to clean above and below the gumline. When your child is finished they can dispose of the Flosser in the trash.
Parents should start flossing their child’s primary (aka baby) teeth once the child's teeth start to touch each other. These Kids' Flossers are a great way to teach young children how to properly floss. Flossing helps prevent tooth decay and gum disease and is important for many other reasons.
Angel loved the fun colors and designs and I helped him use the Flossers for the first time. He was insisting that he try it himself so I let him try and when he was ready, I went ahead and helped to floss his teeth. They are very convenient and easy to use! I even prefer using Flossers compared to regular floss (they make adult Flossers too)!
GUM Star Wars Manual Toothbrushes
GUM Star Wars Toothbrushes are available in four characters which include Anakin Skywalker, Yoda, Darth Vader and Clone Captain Rex! The brush features a unique thumb grip for better control and soft bristles designed for effectively removing plaque on teeth and below the gum line.
Angel couldn't wait to use the cool new GUM Star Wars Toothbrush that his favorite aunt had brought over! He's familiar with Star Wars and liked that the toothbrush featured the Star Wars character, Anakin. This toothbrush is a must for young Star Wars fans! Your child is going to want to collect all four!
Toothbrushes should be replaced every three months or if you start to notice the brush bristles beginning to flare out and the brush starting to wear.
You can visit the Sunstar GUM Website for more information on the products mentioned in this post. Make sure to like Sunstar GUM on Facebook to keep informed on products, dental tips and promotions!
Buy it!
GUM Crayola Pip-Squeaks Twinpack Toothbrushes, GUM Crayola Flossers, and a GUM Star Wars Manual Toothbrush can be purchased on the Sunstar GUM website or use the store locator to find a retailer near you!
Sunstar GUM is sponsoring GUM Crayola Pip-Squeaks Twinpack Toothbrushes, GUM Crayola Flossers, and a GUM Star Wars Manual Toothbrush in the Children's Dental Health Giveaway here on Momma T and Baby E! Come back on February 15, 2013 at 6 PM, EST for your chance to win!
Disclosure: I received a product or service in exchange for my opinion. No other form of compensation was received. All opinions are mine alone and may differ from those of your own. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
































The flossers look great!
ReplyDeleteOh, Trisha,
ReplyDeleteThis post is so good!
We need to start taking care of your kiddo's teeth early on!
Brushing needs to start early, like when the teeth are grown to be brushed, first, with water, then with all-natural tooth paste.
I learned it hard way!
I love the products you're reviewed. Agreed on every point that all of them are so necessary to make our kids healthy.
i love Gum brushes for my daughter but i have never tried the flossers. I will have to pick some up next time i see them!
ReplyDeleteThese are so fun! And my kids will only floss using those.
ReplyDeleteI love it! Being a dentist, I never heard about these and now I am interested:)
ReplyDeletegreat post - very informative and it looks like he loves his toothbrush
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for the information. My granddaughter loves to brush her teeth. She is 2 so she brushes first and then I brush her teeth but I have to sing Jingle Bells the whole time or she wont do it!! LOL
ReplyDelete