Thursday, February 28, 2013

Jack N' Jill Natural Toothpaste & Toothbrushes {Review & #Giveaway}


A while back, I did a search for natural, fluoride free toothpaste and came across Jack N' Jill Natural Toothpaste for babies, toddlers & children. While browsing their website I discovered that they also had toothbrushes and accessories for children of all ages! From the Jack n' Jill website:
Jack N' Jill is a natural toothpaste for babies, toddlers & children that is safe to swallow. It was first made in Melbourne, Australia in 1949 and it has been our family business for more than twenty years. It continues to be made in Australia and we are excited that Jack N' Jill is now available in the USA and UK as well.  
A few years ago we had our first child and immediately joined many parents the world over who are concerned about the current environmental issues and the direct effects they have on our children. We started to question everything he came into contact with, not wanting to expose him to unnecessary additives and chemicals, and felt frustrated at the lack of choices in early childhood oral hygiene. With a background in pharmacy, we set out to formulate the absolute safest toothpaste for our kids and yours. In the process, we also made it the most fun & yum! 
You can read more about Jack n' Jill in the "About Us" section on their website.

Jack n' Jill was kind enough to send us a variety of products to sample and review which include:
  • Natural Calendula Toothpaste Blueberry Flavor
  • Natural Calendula Toothpaste Raspberry Flavor
  • Jack N' Jill Bio Toothbrush (TM) Compostable & Biodegradable Handle 
  • Jack N' Jill Tooth & Gum Brush (1-4 years)
Jack n' Jill Bluverry Calendula Toothpaste and Jack N' Jill Bio Toothbrush (TM) pictured above.

Jack N' Jill Natural Calendula Toothpaste contains xylitol and organic calendula that helps to soothe gums. Their toothpastes contain natural flavoring are free of fluoride, Sugar, Color, SLS, and contain no preservatives.

I never let E try anything without testing it on myself first. I tried a little bit of each toothpaste on my finger and honestly can say that I loved them both, the Raspberry being my favorite! Jack N' Jill Natural Calendula Toothpastes were very sweet and pleasant tasting unlike other children's toothpastes. The first time I used Jack n' Jill Calendula Toothpaste, E said, "Mmm... Yum!" It was apparent that she liked it!   


I found the Jack N' Jill Tooth & Gum Brush to be very interesting because of it's shape. Under the description on the Jack n' Jill site, it reads:
"We know these look really weird, but they really work. Because they 'hug' the teeth, kids find them really easy to use, even on their own."
The brush is appropriate for children 1-4 years of age and is made with 100% Medical/Food grade silicone. The super soft bristles are gentle on your child's gums and teeth. The brush is also double sided so that it cleans the top and bottom, front and back of your child's teeth at the same time! To use, simply apply a small amount of Jack N' Jill Natural Toothpaste to the brush and gently slide the brush over your little one's teeth, moving in a forward/backward motion. 

I love using this toothbrush on E and find it to be very convenient. Most infants and toddlers don't have the patience when it comes to their parents brushing their teeth and gums but this brush allows you to get the job done quickly and in an interesting way too! It's also a great toothbrush when you're toddler or preschooler is interested in brushing by themselves.


Jack N' Jill Bio Toothbrush (TM) come in two fun characters, a bunny and a hippo. They are compostable and feature a biodegradable handle made from 100% Corn Starch. According to the Jack n' Jill, The toothbrush typically takes 90 days to break down in a commercial compost. Replacing your child's Jack n' Jill Toothbrush every 8 weeks is suggested. 

The nylon bristles on the rounded brush are said to be soft but I found the bristles on our toothbrush to be more medium. A friend suggested soaking the bristles in hot water for a few minutes which seemed to help. After regular use and the bristles do become softer also. 

My husband Lonnie and I were really impressed with the Jack n' Jill products we received. I appreciate that the Jack N' Jill Bio Toothbrush (TM) is biodegradable and love that their toothpastes are free of fluoride and contain natural ingredients. 

To keep informed on Jack n' Jill products, make sure to follow them on Facebook and Twitter!

Buy it! 
Jack n' Jill products are available on their website. You can also contact them to find a retailer near you!

Win it!

Jack n' Jill is offering a prize pack that includes the above mentioned products for one lucky person to win! This giveaway is open to US residents and ends March 14th, 2013!

Disclosure: I received a product or service in exchange for my opinion. No other form of compensation was received. All opinions are mine alone and may differ from those of your own. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

27 comments:

  1. Natural Calendula Toothpaste Raspberry Flavor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack N' Jill
    Natural Calendula Toothpaste
    Banana Flavor 50g

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't appear. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again.
    Anyhow, just wanted to say excellent blog!

    Review my web page :: just free porn

    ReplyDelete
  4. The silicone toothbrush looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the calendula toothpaste Raspberry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The strawberry toothpaste and the Bunny Rinse cup, these products are ADORABLE! I'm so glad I found your review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also like their Jack N' Jill Tooth & Gum Brush.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love the Natural Calendula Raspberry Toothpaste.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to try the blueberry toothpaste. My son loves blueberries.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like their Jack N' Jill Bunny Bio Toothbrush.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the toothbush, I love the design=Dorothy Deakyne

    ReplyDelete
  12. would like to try their silicone toothbrush for our 4 year old grandson

    ReplyDelete
  13. Natural Calendula Toothpaste Raspberry Flavor

    ReplyDelete
  14. The toothbrushes - design is great! Not sure about the flavored toothpastes though...kiddo is PICKY!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The toothpaste :) -heather mckenzie carter

    ReplyDelete
  16. Would love to try the organic Banana toothpaste

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jack N' Jill
    Silicone Toothbrush

    ReplyDelete
  18. My son would love the blueberry toothpaste!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The baby body wash - my son is SO itchy in this S. Texas air, would be nice to see how it worked!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The Jack N' Jill Natural Calendula Toothpaste in the Raspberry Flavor

    ReplyDelete
  21. Natural Calendula Toothpaste
    Banana Flavor 50g

    ReplyDelete
  22. i would like to try Jack N' Jill Natural Calendula Toothpaste Strawberry Flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Natural Calendula Toothpaste Banana Flavor!!!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis