Thursday, May 2, 2013

How I'm staying motivated in my weight loss journey #ShakleeBlogger

I wrote this post as part of the Shaklee 180 Turnaround Blogger Program. Thank you Shaklee for providing me with Shaklee 180 products! 

I just finished up my second month on the Shaklee 180 Turnaround program and happy to say that not only am I seeing results but I'm feeling great as well! 

There are plenty of factors that have motivated my weight lossFor one, my daughter and family. I want to live a healthier lifestyle in hopes that I will live longer. I also want to set a good example for my daughter. We all know most children are very impressionable so by taking the lead by eating halthier and being active, I'm encouraging my little one to do the same. I know as E's parent, I have a huge influence on her and I want it to be a positive one! 


How I feel after a workout also motivates me! I always feel AMAZING after taking a fitness class or using my gym's equipment. Basically any activity that makes me sweat, makes me feel great! I'm always feeling confident and accomplished when leaving the gym or doing something as simple as a long walk in the park.


Looking for ways to stay motivated in your weight loss journey? You'll want to set and stick with reasonable goals. For example, maybe your goal is to drop a dress size or lose 10 pounds in 10 weeks. Those goals are reasonable. Don't expect to drop 50 pounds in a short amount of time. Most importantly, always consult your physician and discuss your goals with your doctor.   

Another tip to stay motivate, Don't think you have to totally eliminate your favorite foods! I was nervous about starting Shaklee 180 because I was afraid I would have to stop eating certain foods completely. Now, I tend to focus on portion size and moderation. If you're like me, eliminating certain foods just makes you crave them more! You can substitute those foods you're craving for something better. For example, instead of a chocolate bar, I substitute would substitute it by eating a yummy Chocolate Chocolate Shaklee 180 snack bar which satifies my craving for chocolate!



I lost a couple of pounds in the month of April. It was a slow start in March but April has been a different story.

April Measurements:
(as of April 30th)

Weight: 182.6 lbs
Chest: 41 1/2 in.
Waist: 37 in.
Hips: 42 1/2 in.
Thighs: 24 1/2 in. (each thigh)
Arms: 13 1/2 in. (both arms)

I've lost 13.2 and a total of 12 1/2 inches lost (People following the weight-loss portion of the Shaklee 180™ Program can expect to lose 1-2 

pounds per week)

I'm really proud of how I've done so far and hope to lose even more weight and inches in the months ahead! Losing the wight and inches I have so far has boosted my confidence which motivates me to lose even more! My main focus right now is getting my weight down and my long term goal is to get to 140 pounds. That's about how much I weighed back in high school!

So tell me, what motivates you? 

Disclosure: This is a sponsored post as part of the Shaklee Corporation blogger program. I have received free products, online support, and incentives for participating. My opinions are my own. 
People following the weight-loss portion of the Shaklee 180™ Program can expect to lose 1-2 pounds per week.  

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for these brilliant tips. I do like the saying about being only workout from a good mood. I need to make more effort to be a good role model for my kids.

    Thanks for linking up with Motivational Monday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could do with loosing a few pounds, I find this a hard time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what great tips. thanks for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! You are so inspirational and I agree with you about working out...I always feel better! Keep up the GREAT work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome! I heard so many great things about Shaklee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What to go!!! You are rockin' it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats awesome, you will get there. Keep it going!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to you! What great progress! I love seeing the scale and the inches go down! And those are great tips too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! That chocolate bar looks delish maybe I could actually stick with a diet like this

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you girl! It is such a hard journey and you should be really, really proud of yourself! Continued good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I could do this! I am so not motivated lately! I need something new! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats...i know it's not easy...thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis