Thursday, May 30, 2013

Falling off my weight-loss wagon #ShakleeBlogger

I wrote this post as part of the Shaklee 180 Turnaround Blogger Program. Thank you Shaklee for providing me with Shaklee 180 products! 

I'm not going to lie, I'm a little disappointed in myself this month. I haven't gained any weight (I actually lost a pound) but, I haven't been eating as well as I should have been. In my last Shaklee 180 vlog, I discussed that I wasn't getting enough calories in my diet. Once I got conformable eating more calories, I got a little too comfortable if you know what I mean. I went a little crazy and started eating things I wouldn't typically eat and wasn't keeping track of my calories. This month has also been full of barbeques and celebrations with a lot of opportunity for overeating.

With summer right around the corner, Like most, I will be attending plenty of barbeques! Instead of skipping the burgers totally, I will be holding the bun and cheese and topping with some of my favorite veggies. If chicken is an available option, I will probably be skipping the burger completely!

I'm also working on a Shaklee 180 S'mores Smoothee for when I'm craving while the kids are roasting their marshmallows! To be completely honest, I would take a S'mores Smoothee over a burger any day! Once I have my recipe down, I'll make sure to share with you all! 

I also haven't been working out as much. I usually try to make it to the gym at least 4 times a week but went twice last week. My gym canceled two of the Zumba classes I normally take for the Memorial Day weekend. This is not an excuse though! I could have worked out at home using the Burst workouts that are on the Shaklee 180 website and my Shaklee 180 app. 

I'm now getting back on track and into my regular routine. I've realized how important it is to keep track of my calories with the Shaklee 180 app. The recent update on the Shaklee 180 app now allows users to scan the barcode of food items! I also think it's important to have support. I look for support from people who are on a similar journey and I can relate to, vice versa. I definitely recommend looking into online communities such as weight-loss and fitness groups on Facebook for support! 

Yes, that's sweat. #NoShame
May Measurements:
(as of May 28th)

Weight: 181.6 lbs
Chest: 41 1/2 in.
Waist: 37 in.
Hips: 42 1/2 in.
Thighs: 24 1/2 in. (each thigh)
Arms: 13 1/2 in. (both arms)

I've lost 14.2 and a total of 12 1/2 inches since starting Shaklee 180 (People following the weight-loss portion of the Shaklee 180™ Program can expect to lose 1-2 pounds per week)! As I mentioned above, I'm pretty disappointed in myself but I'm glad that I didn't gain any weight or inches! I'm getting back on the wagon and that's what counts! 

This is a sponsored post as part of the Shaklee Corporation blogger program. I have received free products, online support and incentives for participating. My opinions are my own. 

People following the weight-loss portion of the Shaklee 180™ Program can expect to lose 1-2 pounds per week.

6 comments:

  1. i weight 271.. im trying to lose the weight its hard!

    - Stephanie J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting back on track is the most important part of this post. Okay, maybe admitting that you fell off is a great part as well. It is the time of year (just like every year is the time of year) when it is soo easy to fall off. During bbq season I opt for grilled veggies and chicken. It helps that I love them. I also make sides to bring to cookouts as my contribution - ones that I can eat and I know everyone will like, and which fit well into my eating plan. YOU CAN DO THIS! Make sure to encourage yourself, and speak over yourself - this is just like any other goal you have achieved. Starting a blog, making it work, applying for a blogging opportunity and getting it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the best attitude! Instead of beating yourself up, you have a positive attitude of how you can improve and you have a great plan in place! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing a great job! Just keep health your focus opposed to weight loss and you will do great. You have to give yourself some leeway, otherwise you will go absolutely insane. I'm here if you need a cheerleader! It's pretty much my most favorite thing EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 14 pounds is still a loss!! Keep it up, keep going :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least you've figured out where you can do better and you're trying you haven't given up. Your weight loss and inch loss is a huge success and is inspiring to me! I am so proud of you ! Keep up the GREAT work! I'm cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis