My husbands birthday is January 17th and since his birthday lands on a Tuesday, I threw him a birthday party this past Saturday. His cake was a major fail. I was in a rush and didn't let it cool long enough so it fell apart when I tried to get it out of the pan. I managed to put the pieces together and threw some icing over it to cover it up.
THEN, I totally messed up the writing while using Wilton's Ready-to-Decorate Icing. This was my first time using it and the icing came out way to fast.
Oh well, Cake is cake, everyone loved it and we all had a good laugh! =P

Other awesome blogs to link up with!































Aww it's not that bad!! ;p happy belated bday to your hubby :)
ReplyDeleteAi @ Sakura Haruka
Join in: Wordless Wednesday Linky Party
Its not that bad. I have seen worse. trust me. I understand though. I usually do the same thing and my husband does for sure. Too impatient to wait to frost, but it can't be helped :) Thanx for linking up
ReplyDeleteIt's all in the taste anyway!
ReplyDelete:)
Tammi
My Organized Chaos
Still looks yummy!
ReplyDeletecake is cake! Yum :)
ReplyDeleteStill looks yummy,Happy ww :-)
ReplyDeleteCakes are a pain. I'm not known to cuss, but have cussed out a cake a time or two. Usually I can get them to turn out, but they cause me frustration.
ReplyDeleteIt looks good!
ReplyDeleteHey, it's the thought that counts.
ReplyDeleteIt's not that bad at all! I had a similar experience for my daughter's 1st birthday lol. It all tastes the same in the end ;)
ReplyDeleteIt's the thought that counts! :) Plus, I bet it tastes great!
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up with Taylor Joelle Designs!
-Brooke
Taylor Joelle Designs
http://taylorjoelle.com
Reminds me of how the frosting comes out of my mom's old fashioned decorator set. I miss my good cake decorating set.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to your husband.
happy birthday Lonnie!
ReplyDeleteHappy b-day to Lonnie! I am glad to know that I am not the only one who has some failures in the kitchen.....not that yours was - a cake is a cake is a cake. I've never met one that I didn't like! :) Happy WW!
ReplyDeleteCake is cake! I bet it was delicious nonetheless!
ReplyDeleteLooks yummy to me!
ReplyDeleteWhen i first saw your pic i thought it looked great....then had a giggle when i read your post!Never mind, cake always gets eaten no matter how it looks i find!!
ReplyDeleteFirst trip to your blog which is lovely...am your newest follower on GFC x
I am sure it still tasted yummy. That was sweet.
ReplyDeleteJust found your blog- it's adorable! I linked up my WW too :) Please come say hi www.marriagefromscratch.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteYou have a new follower :)
I think it still looks yummy!
ReplyDeleteWell, it sure looks good! Yummy!
ReplyDeleteLooks delicious!!! Joining you via the blog hop.. love your blog. you can find me at http://purplechronicle.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteIt's very festive!
ReplyDeleteThat was crazy but what matter is you celebrated your husband's birthday and they ate the cake:)
ReplyDeleteVisiting for Wordless Wednesday! Hope you can stop by:)
http://www.cassandrasminicorner.com/2012/01/wordless-wednesday-my-girl-and-minnie-mouse.html