Thursday, April 25, 2013

Jars, Pouches, or Both? #BabyFood @EarthsBest

Thank you Earth's Best for providing me with jared and pouched foods on behalf of the Earth's Best Blogging Program!

As the first complete line of organic infant nutrition including formula, cereals and purees for all stages of feeding, Earth’s Best is the only brand offering infant foods in both eco-friendly glass jars and convenient re-sealable pouches. The pouches and jars can be found Earth's Best 1st Foods (4 months+), 2nd Foods (6 months +) and 3rd Foods (9 months+). As some of you may know, Earths's Best recently added the new Veggie Puree Pouches tho their line of pouches which are unique blends of organic vegetables and are a great way for babies to get the recommended weekly intake of dark green and orange veggies!

Earth's Best has over 90 jar varieties and 35 pouches so that you can expand your baby’s taste palate both at home and on the go! Stocking up on both jars and pouches has many advantages. The economic and eco-friendly jars are great at home and encourage interaction with your child as well as introduce your baby to the use of a spoon and table manners as he or she gets older. Pouches are ideal for travel and can be quite handy at times with children who can sit up and eat independently. They are also a great way to continue getting wholesome fruits and vegetables into your little one as he moves into what are sometimes the picky toddler years.

Elise enjoying an Earth's Best Sweet Potato & Beets Pouch 
When E was an infant, I would feed her jared food at meal times while we ate family style (at our dining room table). Around 9 months old, she would try to grab the spoon to feed herself and at that time, I would provide her with her own spoon and continue to spoon feed her with a separate spoon so she wouldn't fight me for it during meal times ;)

E also started using pouches independently at a young age so I made sure to take them on the go and let her feed herself when we were out and about. Now that E is a toddler, she mainly feeds herself using a spoon, fork, fingers, etc. Pouches have always been a great snack and something I still keep in my diaper bag. Instead of meals, We now give them to her as a snack. They are also great to have on hand to provide her with those extra nutrients when she's being a picky eater! 

I've used both Earth's Best pouch and jar purees on foods like pasta to keep things interesting with E! I'm looking forward to summer time so I can make some fruit/ice pops with Earth's Best foods for those hot days ahead! 

You may have seen some recent articles surrounding pouch feeding vs. utensil/spoon feeding, what are your thoughts? How do you enjoy meal time with your little one(s)? If you use jars, pouches, or both, where/how do you feed your baby with either?

Win it!
Enter to win three (3) Jar foods and three (3) pouched foods for your little one to sample! This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and older and ends May 9th at 11:59PM, EST! 
 
I wrote this post as part of the Earth’s Best Blogger Program and was provided with product samples in order to facilitate my post. No other form of compensation was received. Regardless, all opinions expressed are 100% my own.

22 comments:

  1. I used both pouches and bottles, but I prefer pouches put in a dish, or them just sucking it down. They store easier and no fear of broken glass. I had a bottle break on me once when I was a babysitting teen and it was scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our little guy is just over a month old so we're not quite to the food stage but anticipating those days when we'll be sitting at the dinner table talking about our day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mainly spoon fed my babies. Didn't discover the awesome pouches until my youngest was about 7ms old and was able to feed himself with the pouches, he LOVES them! My 7yr old, almost 3yr old and 16m old all love the pouches for snacks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Usually I make my little one's food. He gets spoon fed purees for the first part of his meal, and then self feeds table food. I Love having the pouches for when we're out and about. He just grabs it and eats from the spout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pouches weren't around for my first and I'd love to try them with my second! She just started solids this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pouches for on the go. The kids can eat them anywhere in the stroller, car or at the park they are great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to spoon feed them. I rather do that than let them make a big mess.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My niece is just starting to feed her baby solid food. She is spoon feeding.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We enjoy meal time with DD feeding herself, but we use the pouches while we are out and about and soon we'll start our new little one on solids, we will used some jarred foods, and pouches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I usually spoon feel homemade puree, but I love the pouches for on the go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't started feeding yet, but I plan to use both jars and pouches!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do both..but i prefer the pouches..it's so much easier especially when we are out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We spoon feed with the use of jars although when a little older and able to we would try to at times get away from jars and use other methods such as laying food on the highchair and letting them eat by hand on their own.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I make almost all of my own baby food for my son but we do use jars on occasion when traveling because they keep better. I'd like to try the pouches maybe, they'd pack better but i dont know if i can get over the disposable factor!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I use jars more at home and pouches when we're out and about. I do like the pouches also have different stages and can become a snack on the go as he gets older.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do enjoy eating with my kids! I use both the pouches and jars.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My daughter likes the pouches as a snack.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I normally make our own, but use jarred on occasion when out of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  19. when and where was the winner announced?

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis