Monday, January 21, 2013

Kid Basix Safe Sippy2 {Review}


E is at this point where all she wants to do is drink from a straw. I went ahead and purchased some cups with straws to help transition her from regular sippy cup to a straw cup but unfortunately most of the straw cups we've used have leaked and are hard to clean. Then, I recently discovered the Safe Sippy2 from Kid Basix, the world’s first (and only) 2-in-1 convertible sippy to straw bottle! About Kid Basix:
"Kid Basix® family of safe, non-toxic products for kids of all ages - several small steps in creating a better world for our children. From The Safe Starter™ stainless steel baby bottle to The Safe Sippy™ and Safe Sippy2™ drink cups to The Safe Sporter™ sports bottles, Kid Basix has become a name parents trust. All of our products are made with one simple goal in mind: Clean in, Clean out."
As a mom, I love having a sippy cup that's multifunctional like the Safe Sippy2. The cup holds 11 oz. and has the BPA-free features of the original Safe Sippy cup, plus several new features. The body of the bottle is made of lightweight, durable, and food grade stainless steel which is covered by a removable thermo plastic rubber sleeve that provides insulation for cold beverages and protects the bottle when dropped. Both are dishwasher safe and incredibly easy to clean.

The Safe Sippy2 features a travel plug, a sippy valve and a straw with straw adaptor (pictured to the right). The sippy valve is cross cut for an even flow of fluid that helps to prevent spills. To convert the Safe Sippy2 into a straw cup, simply replace the valve with the straw and straw adaptor. The travel plug helps to prevent leaks while on the go. 

The spout of the cup is straw shaped and is designed specifically for the developing palate. This makes it so much easier for a a child to transition from the sippy to straw. When not in use, The dust cap is great for helping to keep the spout clean when it is not in use.

Another one of my favorite features of the cup are the handles which are great for little hands to hold onto. They are removable for when your child is big enough to grip the base of the bottle by his or herself. Although E can hold onto the base, she wanted me to keep the handles on so she could use them. This is clearly her favorite cup and my guess is because the spout is shaped like a straw.


The Safe Sippy2 is a wonderful investment and a great value. The cup is recommended for 6 months and older and can be used well into the toddler and preschool years! I wish I had known about the Safe Sippy2 when we were first introducing E to a cup! I love that you can convert it from a sippy to straw cup and I'm also happy to share that we've used this cup many times and not once have we ever encountered leaks!

Kid Basix also offer some other products including the original Safe Sippy, The Safe Starter, and the Safe Sporter which is available in 12 oz and 16 oz sizes. You can check out their full line on the Kid Basix website!  

Make sure to follow Kid Basix on Facebook and Twitter to keep informed on new products a promotions! 

Buy It! 
The Safe Sippy2 and other Kid Basix products can be purchased on the Kid Basix website! The Safe Sippy2 can be purchased for $15.99 and free shipping is offered for orders over $50. You can also find a list of Kid Basix retailers here. 

Disclosure: I received a product or service in exchange for this post. No other form of compensation was received. All opinions are mine alone and may differ from those of your own. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. This post contains affiliate links

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great product, I babysit little ones and I can't tell you how many times I've had straw cups leak or be spilled. I'll definitely recommend this, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like such good quality! I think it would keep my grandson's water colder for a longer period of time.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis