Friday, January 11, 2013

Fairy Tales Hair Care {Review} @FairyTalesInc

My worst nightmare is head lice. I'm sure most of you know what lice are but for those of you who don't, they are parasitic insects that can be found on people's heads. Lice survive by feeding on human blood. Once laid, it takes 7-10 days for a nit (the eggs of the head louse) to hatch. It takes another 7-10 days for the female to mature and begin laying her own eggs. A head lice infestation is most common among preschool and elementary school-age children and their parents.

I'm no stranger to Fairy Tales, a line of natural hair care products. After my sister-in-law and her children contacted lice, she used Fairy Tales products to help prevent a lice infestation from happening again. Unfortunately, shortly after they finally got rid of their head lice, we found out myself and E were infested as you may have read in my post here. E was just six months old at the time.


Recently we had the opportunity to try products from the Rosemary Repel Collection, a line of hair care designed to repel lice using organic ingredients such as rosemary, tea tree, citronella, peppermint and lavender oils. The collection includes: 
  • Rosemary Repel Shampoo
  • Rosemary Repel Creme Conditioner
  • Rosemary Repel Conditioning Spray
  • Rosemary Repel Hair Spray
  • and Rosemary Repel Styling Gel
These products are clinically proven over 92% effective in repelling lice and other insects. They also contain a blend of vitamins and minerals to hydrate, soften and nourish hair. They are completely safe for all ages and hair types! 

The first time we used the Rosemary Repel Shampoo and Conditioner, I used it on myself because I always make sure to test out products on myself before using them on E. 

The Rosemary Repel Shampoo and Conditioner and both smelled amazing! The scents that stood out to me were the rosemary, citronella and the tea tree oils. Once I started lathering the shampoo, I was hit with a hint of peppermint and lavender. The combination of scents are very pleasant and aren't overpowering at all.

After massaging the shampoo into my hair and scalp then rinsing, I followed up with the Rosemary Repel Creme Conditioner which is color safe for mom! Work a small amount through your (or your child's) hair, starting from top to bottom. Rosemary Repel Creme Conditioner smoothes and softens hair, leaving it incredibly silky!

I was very pleased with the results so I washed and conditioned E's hair as well, making sure not to get it in her eyes because although gentle, Rosemary Repel Shampoo and Creme Condition are not tear free. After bath time, we used Rosemary Repel Conditioning Spray which is Paraben and sulfate-free. This organic blend smells lovely and gently detangles and conditions hair making it easy to brush through.

It is suggested to use Rosemary Repel Conditioning Spray on your child every morning before you send them off to school, camp or daycare. I use it before we go to play dates because  well, you never know! You can spray onto wet or dry hair in layers, making sure to brush through. Don't forget to spray behind the ears, back of neck and top of shoulders which are lice “hot spots."

I highly recommend Fairy Tales to parents with children of all ages. This is a must have for protecting your children against lice! Since receiving these, We use the Rosemary Repel everyday because we want to keep the lice away! This is the best product I've used for repelling lice and product we will continue to use. 

You can learn more about Fairy Tales products and head lice prevention on the Fairy Tales website. Make sure to visit Fairy Tales on Facebook and Twitter to keep informed on products and promotions! 

Buy it!
Fairy Tales products are available for purchase in various sizes on the Fairy Tales website, Ulta.com and a salon near you! You can locate a merchant using the store locator on the Fairy Tales website.

Make sure to check out the other Fairy Tales products available which include Lice GoodBye, No More Knots, and others!

Disclosure: I received a product or products in exchange for this post. No other form of compensation was received. All opinions are mine alone and may differ from those of your own. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

5 comments:

  1. Knock on wood--I never had head lice!! It is good to know that there is a safe, organic remedy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea there was an organic way to get rid of lice. My girls had it when they were two and three thanks to a baby sitter who watched another child with it, and I used a flea comb (yes, a flea comb) and I smothered their hair in Afro Sheen for days since a coworker told me this would work. Idk but after a week of diligence around the house and with the kids, all nits were gone and dead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could really use some of this spray for my daughter. Her hair is starting to get long and tangly. Plus, this is natural - added bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally need this! I am scared to death of getting lice again and it spreading to all 4 of us! Thanks for the recommendation!
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea there were products like this! I work with kids and I'd hate to bring lice home to my kids!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis