
Dealing with diaper rashes can be a nightmare. Some ointments just don't work on certain babies. If you use cloth diapers, you need to be extra careful on what you use on your child's bottom because most diaper rash creams contain zinc oxide which can get stuck to the diapers and cause them to repel.
Personally, I prefer to use all natural products on Baby E and was excited to get to try Magic Bum, an all natural skin soothing oil that treats and prevents skin irritation.
About the creator of Magic Bum: My name is Aja and I currently live in NJ, but I'm originally from FL and NC. I'm married and have a 16 month old son named Tristan. I'm a masters level chemist and work full time as an analytical chemist in a major pharmaceutical company. I also just got out of an 8 year enlistment in the Army Reserves where I did 2 tours in Iraq. Although that sounds about as non-crunchy as you can get, I try to live my life with as little chemical intervention as possible. I don't like taking medications unless absolutely necessary and I try to keep non-natural products as far from my toddler as I can. We've chosen to cloth diaper for this very reason. Being a chemist I KNOW how nasty some of the chemicals in disposable diapers are and they don't belong anywhere near my baby.
Here's the story behind Aja's amazing product: Magic Bum is a diaper rash oil I developed because my little guy pretty much constantly had diaper rash, and a lot of times yeast rash. He never went more than 2 diaper changes without a rash when using diaper rash cream and never more than 2 days with one at every change. It didn't matter if we used cloth or disposable diapers, how often we changed him, the type of wipes, etc. That kid always had a rash. The over-the-counter diaper rash remedies helped somewhat but nothing seemed to get rid of them completely or keep them away. Some products even gave him a terrible reaction. Although I did find one that worked better than the others, it still wasn't great and I hated smearing a thick cream all over his bum every time I changed him or gave him a bath. I know I wouldn't want vaseline or zinc oxide smeared all over me after every trip to the bathroom so I can't imagine he did either. Also, even though he needed something to help save his little bum from irritation, I didn't want to be constantly smearing chemicals all over his most sensitive areas. That seemed to negate the benefits of the cloth diapers. I tried both coconut oil and a mix of coconut and olive oil as a natural alternative without much success. Both helped a little but not much.
I did a lot research and found all of the natural oils that people reported as good for diaper rash, yeast rash, or just a skin soother. After deciding on a general formula and a little bit of trial and error I found a formula that worked extremely well. His rashes totally went away and didn't come back. Even the yeast was completely gone. For the first time in his young life, my little man was finally rash-free. My personal experience with using the Lavender Free Magic bum (and a small sample of the original Magic Bum) has been great! Magic Bum suggests "Unless you know that your baby does not have a lavender sensitivity, please order the Lavender-Free version." This is because some babies have a reaction to lavender.
The Magic Bum came with a card with these instructions (pictured below, click on to enlarge):
Before trying Magic Bum, Baby E would get rashes every once in a while. We had problems with ammonia burn, not just with cloth diapers but with sposies (disposable diapers) also. No matter what or how many times my husband and I changed E's diaper, the rash would not go away. I seriously could not find a cream or ointment that worked and was incredibly frustrated especially because Baby E was in pain.
Since I started using Magic Bum a few weeks ago, Baby E has been completely rash free! I only use the oil once or twice a day, In the morning and usually once before bed time. So far so good! I've been using the 0.5 fluid ounce bottle for about four weeks now and I'm just starting to run low. Normally that sized Magic Bum can can last 2 weeks if used at every diaper change.
Magic Bum is also safe to use on cloth diapers! You may want to use a liner but I don't and haven't had any problems.
The creator is currently working on developing lip balms and lotions that use oil mixtures and organic beeswax! They hope to make these available to the public very soon. I honestly can't wait to be able to purchase these products!
Make sure to check out Magic Bum on Facebook to keep up to date on new products and promotions!
Buy it!
You can purchase Magic Bum or Body Magic from the Magic Bum website. They offer multiple sized bottles and bundles!
Win it!
Aja from Magic Bum is offering a 1 ounce bottle of either product to 2 winners! Enter using the Rafflecopter for below! Giveaway ends March 13th.
a Rafflecopter giveaway






























im excited bc i havent found a good cd safe rash guard yet! JLS582 at yahoo dot com
ReplyDeleteI am more excited about the magic bum! Little Man is so sensitive to EVERYTHING and its hard finding all natural things that work well for him.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait for my granddaughter to try magic bum! Her little bum is so sensitive and this might just be the ticked to keep her happy!
ReplyDeletePuttPutt1198Eve@comcast.net
I would love the Magic Bum
ReplyDeleteMagic Bum
ReplyDeletesandy1955 at comcast dot net
I would love to try the Magic Bum.
ReplyDeleteMagic bum
ReplyDeleteMagic Bum
ReplyDeleteNew Follower!
ReplyDelete<3 Laura
http://pandaandgiraffe.blogspot.com/
Magic body
ReplyDeleteThis sounds awesome!!
ReplyDeleteMagic Bum
ReplyDeleteThanks
partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com
Magic Bum!
ReplyDeleteMagic Bum would be great for my granddaughter.
ReplyDeleteIm excited to try the magic bum
ReplyDeleteI'd like to try magic bum!
ReplyDeleteMagic Bum!!
ReplyDeleteWould love to try magic bum!
ReplyDeleteMagic bum!
ReplyDeleteMagic bum!
ReplyDeleteMagic Bum
ReplyDeletemagic bum!!
ReplyDeletemagic bum
ReplyDeleteMagic bum!
ReplyDeletemagic bum!
ReplyDeleteMagic Bum...we have rash issues!
ReplyDeleteWould love to try Magic Bum for rashes!
ReplyDeletei am obsessed with trying diaper rash creams / balms /sprays!!
ReplyDeletemagic bum!
ReplyDeleteMost excited about Body Magic :)
ReplyDeleteI would love to try Body Magic for razor burn
ReplyDeleteMagic bum
ReplyDeleteMagic bum!
ReplyDeletemagic bum
ReplyDeleteI would love Body Magic
ReplyDeleteTheresa J
Body Magic
ReplyDeletemagic bum
ReplyDeleteMagic Bum!
ReplyDeletewould love magic bum
ReplyDeleteashley.dominguez30@yahoo.com
I'd love this for my daughters cd bumm
ReplyDeleteWrite now I would be more excited about the Body Magic because we art still TTC! I get weird rashes all the time and have super sensitive skin that gets really irritated when it's even slightly dry, this sounds like a great product for me!
ReplyDeleteI would want to try the Magic Bum first.
ReplyDeletebeh2351@frontier.com
Magic Bum!!
ReplyDeleteMagic Bum
ReplyDeletemaybe body magic
ReplyDeleteMagic Bum
ReplyDeleteMagic Bum
ReplyDeleteBody Magic! Thank you so much for the giveaway!
ReplyDelete- lablogs@yahoo.com
magic balm
ReplyDelete