Friday, February 17, 2012

Body Magic {Review and #Giveaway Teaser!}



Body Magic is a product that soothes and moisturizes your skin and is from the creator of Magic Bum. Not only can Body Magic be used as a moisturizer, it can also be used on bug bites, acne, rashes, and even on frizzy hair! It contains a combination of all natural oils and organic ingredients and is a product I've incorporated in myself and my daughters everyday life.
For the last couple of weeks we've been using Body Magic EC which is specifically formulated for extremly dry skin and eczema. Unlike regular Body Magic, the EC version contains lanolin and an increased amount of specific ingredients already in Body Magic.

For myself, I use Body Magic after shaving my legs because they can get very dry. It has become a routine to rub in 2-3 squirts on each leg after shaving. Body Magic helps to treat the dryness without leaving a greasy residue and soothes the itchiness that one might feel after shaving.

I also use Body Magic on my hands after washing dishes because of how dry they can get, sometimes to the point of cracking and bleeding. I only rub in one squirt to help moisturize my hands. Since I started using Body Magic, I haven't had any issues with my skin cracking.  

Like a lot of children, Baby E has eczema and her skin gets severely dry. You can tell how uncomfortable it makes her by the way she scratches the affected areas. We were originally treating it by using a certain "organic" cream but I would have to apply it several times a day and to be quite honest, this product smelled like pencil shavings. Yes, you read correctly, pencil shavings. Pretty gross right?

Once we started using the unscented Body Magic EC, I noticed a difference by the next day. Baby E's skin was softer and less dry. She had a happier disposition and wasn't scratching like she had been. I started a routine of rubbing a few squirts of Body Magic on the affected areas of her skin 2-3 times a day and after bath time. I'm so impressed with how well this product works!

Body Magic and Body Magic EC is available in these natural fragrances: 
  • Unscented 
  • Harvest Spice
  • Lavender
  • Peppermint
  • Black Cherry Almond
  • Coconut 
  • Pina Colada
  • Chamomile
  • Eucalyptus
  • Black Cherry
  • Orange Pineapple
  • Heavenly Musk 
  • Pineapple
  • Almond
  • Citronella
  • Special order
The Unscented Magic Bum EC smells like tea tree oil which may seem strong to some so you may want to use a scented version. Scented Body Magic is not recommended for infants and children. 

Buy it!
Body Magic can be bought on the Magic Bum website and prices range depending on what size Body Magic or Body Magic EC you purchase.

Win it!
Check back next week for the Magic Bum review and a giveaway! Aja from Magic Bum is offering a 1 ounce bottle of either product to 2 winners! Want to earn early entries? Comment on this post and tell me which scent of Body Magic you'd like to try!  

I was provided with a sample of Body Magic EC, Magic Bum, and unscented Magic Bum to facilitate my review. All opinions are my own and honest opinions.

7 comments:

ShareThis