Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Gifts You May Not Have Thought Of! {Guest Post}

Here is a guest post from Chris giving you some great gift ideas for this holiday season!

Thank you to Trisha for the opportunity to write this guest post. I thought that, as Christmas is just around the corner (where did the time go!), I’d write a post offering some gift suggestions that may not have crossed your mind. Hopefully they’re of some use!

A magazine subscription:
Sometimes you’ll come across that person who has everything, and choosing a suitable gift for them will be a nightmare. The trick is to identify one of their interests and get them a gift subscription to a relevant publication (or snoop around their living room and find out what magazines they read that way!). Subscription terms usually range from a few months to an automatically renewing yearly subscription, so make sure you choose the right one.


Bread:
This may sound like the blandest gift going, but bread is surprisingly versatile (and easy to make!). Show your loved ones that you’re willing to spend time on their gift by baking them a personalised loaf. Adding herbs to the dough can create a tantalisingly original flavour, or, if you’re feeling especially creative, try including chocolate or cheese and baking some truly delicious bread.

Personalised calendars:
This truly is the gift that keeps giving. A personalised calendar can be filled with photos of past family events and portraits of family members, and will be seen multiple times daily by the lucky recipient. Almost every household item can be personalised these days, so if a calendar doesn’t suit your tastes, how about a mug? Or a mousemat? Or a t-shirt / fridge magnet / photo frame / etc?

A shopping trip:
While this may seem like a cop-out (“I didn’t know what to get you, so you can choose something yourself!”), it can actually be an enjoyable and rewarding opportunity to spend time with a loved one. Not only do you get to buy them a gift of their choosing, but you can also spend the day together and perhaps even share a meal.

Hopefully something in this list will be useful to those of you still struggling with gift ideas. All suit a last-minute gift buyer such as myself. Merry Christmas everyone!

I was compensated in a form other then cash for this guest post. I honestly believe that these are some great gift ideas, otherwise I would not have published this post to my blog =)

1 comment:

  1. This is a great list! I really like the idea of homemade bread or a shopping trip. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis