Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Spooky Footprint Bats!

Last week when we made our footprint ghosts, I decided to also create some footprint bats so that we could make some Halloween cards for family members.

Materials:
Black construction paper
White construction paper
Pen or penicl
Scissors (Safety scissors if child will be cutting)
Googly eyes
Markers or Cratons
Glue

Directions:
1. Trace child's foot or shoe onto the black paper 3 times (you may need more paper depending on the size of your childs foot).

2. Cut out all three footprints and 2 small triangles from the black paper. Also cut 2 small triangles from the white paper.

3. Paste the footprints together like the picture shown below.

4. Glue small black triangles on top of bat. Decorate with googly eyes and paste the small white triangles on as fangs.

If you are making a Halloween card, You can paste your bat on a piece of folded construction paper and decorate with markers or crayons.

I've also made footprint bats using basically the same directions as the footprint ghost craft, just using black paint instead of white. Below is a picture of Baby E's unfinished bat. I was waiting for the paint to dry before I put the last footprint down the middle. This is the easiest thing to do if you're working on this project with an infant or toddler because it prevents smearing. 



1 comment:

  1. This is such a cute idea, I think I'll have to try it with my kids. Thanks for stopping by http://www.mama-press.com. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis