Friday, August 5, 2011

E and her Talons

No, E really doesn't have talons, but I swear it looks like an eagle attacked her overnight! Sometimes I wonder if anyone else has this issue. At night, E will scratch her little face up and I find at least one new scratch each morning. It's terrible. You would think that I don't cut her nails, but honestly, It doesn't matter how short her nails are, she still manages to scratch her face up.

I think I might start putting mittens over her hands at night. Have you had this experience? Do you see scratch marks even if your baby's nails are short? What have you done about it? Let's talk! Send me an email or respond to this post in a comment!
 


12 comments:

  1. Can't help you with the nails - my kids were adopted at around age 1 each. but I *am* your newest follower from the Social Parade and would love a follow back - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used the mittens! Seems my kids got them with short or long nails.

    Following you back...thanks SO much for the follow! =)

    Dawn
    http://www.dawn-wemaynothaveitalltogether.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh. My son is 4 1/2 months and we STILL have to use mittens on him! It's horrible. He has such a grip, his poor little face doesn't stand a chance lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol- I refer to my son's fingernails (he's 7 months) as talons, too! Following you from Boost My Blog Friday. Stop by my blog anytime!
    ~SortaSuperMom
    http://confessionsfromBoystown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My little guy has this same problem! He wore mittens when he was really little, but now sometimes when I'm cutting, I find that the very corners get really sharp, so I try to make sure I blunt the corners either the clippers or file them down (with the little baby nail files that came in his grooming kit). Poor babies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! Following you from Stalk Friday Hop!

    Hope you can follow back!

    Your baby is a cutie..

    Thanks,
    Angie
    http://ourlittleinspiration.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had this problem with my daughter. I tried the mittens and they worked until she was around 6 months when she figured out how to take them off. I suggest keeping the filed smoothly, it worked for my daughter. I clipped them but made sure that I kept them filed down smoothly. It didn't completely stop the scratches but it reduced them.

    Bri @ Ramblings of a Southern Mama Bri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there again! Feel free to get the questions.. what i did.. I googled for "get to know me questions" and you can get ideas.. Some are really what i wanted so it helped me think of some questions of my own..

    oh btw: you can use baby socks on her hands.. that what i used when she was born.. because the mittens will fall off all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The mittens might be a good idea, maybe there's an allergen causing her to itch? Following you back from Parent Palace

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you ladies for all of your responses!! I really appreciate everyones suggestions! I'm experimenting with some things right now and will have an update soon! Thank you again =D

    ReplyDelete
  11. When my youngest was going through this we would put socks on her hands but yours looks a little big to put up with that. :-)

    I am new follower from Blogging Buddies Thursday Blog Hop. Would love a follow back @
    http://messforless.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis