Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Activity Tuesday: Handprint Fish

I wanted to post a summer activity before the summer ends so I went through my portfolio and old lesson plans and found an art activity thats appropriate for all ages!

Making handprint fish with infants is a little harder then it would be with other children, but it can be done! I've done it in the past with infants as young as 4 months old and they've come out pretty cute.




Materials:
-Finger paint
-Paint brush
-Construction paper
-Wiggly eyes (optional)
-Glue (optional)
-Markers and/or Crayons

Directions.:

1. Have child place the paper long ways in front of them
2. Squirt paint onto one hand and spread out using the paint brush.
3. Press hand onto paper. If you would like to create a few fish, repeat step 2.
4. Allow to dry and when fully dried, you can glue on a wiggly eye or draw one on with a marker. Make sure to draw on a mouth also.
5. The child(ren) can create ocean scenes using the markers by drawing in seaweed and other sea animals! 


Our handprint fishes didn't come out as well as the ones i've done in the past. I didn't have any wiggly eyes on hand so I drew mine on.



E didn't want to open her hand after I painted it so I attempted to pry her fingers open with this result:


If you try this activity with your infant, hopefully you'll have better luck than me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis