Every parent wants to protect their children and family to the best of their ability. Since E was an infant, My husband and I have taken precautions to protect our daughter.
![]() |
| Our family! |
We have covered electrical outlets, made sure cabinets are locked and we keep potentially harmful items out of reach. We also baby proofed in other ways such as keeping child gates and by using edge and corner guards where needed. When E was born, we even purchased a brand new smoke and a carbon monoxide detector for our apartment.
We didn't get much use out of those outlet covers, safety gates, and cabinet locks when E was immobile but when she started to crawl then walk, we were glad to have them!
Most importantly, other then protecting E's person, I want to protect her identity. Identity theft can be a nightmare at any age but can be even more devastating for children. Identity thieves can use a child’s identity to take out loans and lines of credit. They can also use a child's information to establish an identity. Identity theft for a child can result in that child being denied for loans, for cars or even college college late in life. That child can also be denied employment, a drivers’ license, or the ability to obtain housing and/or utilities!
I appreciate that LifeLock offers identity theft protection for the whole family. LifeLock is a suite of services (including credit monitoring) that work together to protect your identity from various risks including credit fraud. They are much more than just a credit and identity theft monitoring service! They dive deep to discover the schemes thieves are use to steal personal information, from old-school collection techniques to new and sophisticated technologies.
LifeLock has 5 Points of Protection:
- Monitoring your identity
- Scanning for identity threats
- Responding to identity theft
- Trust our service guarantee
- Tracking your credit score
You can learn more about LifeLock and their 5 Points pf Protection by visiting the LifeLock website!
How are you protecting your family's identity?
FTC DISCLOSURE REQUIREMENT Momma T and Family aims to provide unbiased editorials. However, I wish to disclose that from time to time I may receive free products or other compensation from companies for blogger reviews.

I've got to get this going! Thanks for the reminder! ;)
ReplyDelete