This is great craft to create with a preschooler or toddler and also something a parent can create for an infant! When I worked as an infant caregiver, I created shakers using different types of things such as rice, beans, bells, coins and pasta!
Not only are musical shakers fun instruments for preschoolers but they are great discovery toys for infants and toddlers and promote motor skills. I made a shaker for E and she loves playing with it! She explores by rolling it around and listening to the noise it makes.
Materials:
Not only are musical shakers fun instruments for preschoolers but they are great discovery toys for infants and toddlers and promote motor skills. I made a shaker for E and she loves playing with it! She explores by rolling it around and listening to the noise it makes.
Materials:
Small Empty Bottle
Construction Paper
Tape
Scissors
Crayons and/or markers
Tacky glue
Rice, Beans, or Pasta (Ex. Macaroni)
Funnel
Laminating paper (optional)
Stickers for decorating (optional)
Directions:
1. Cut construction paper to fit around the empty bottle then decorate the paper using crayons and/or markers. (Optional: You can laminate the construction paper to preserve the decoration by using laminating paper. If laminating paper is unavailable, You can substitute using clear packaging tape over the paper after is is taped to the bottle.)
2. Tape one side of the paper directly to bottle as shown in the picture below and wrap around bottle. Tape other side down.
3. Pour rice, beans or pasta into bottle using the funnel. This is a great fine motor activity for young children!
4. Apply Tacky Glue around screw part of bottle then tighten the cap back on and allow to dry.
Here's my finished product:
Baby E and Daddy playing with the shaker
What a great idea!! Love that it's simple and inexpensive!
ReplyDeleteI love this idea! I remember making lots of these as a kid and I love making these for preschoolers. they love love love them. great idea, thanks for visiting the dragons fairy tail. I'm a new follower too!
ReplyDeletekathryn
www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com
www.thebusybeefamileee.blogspot.com
Love this great inexpensive idea! My kids always try to look for things to get into in the pantry. Perfect idea!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great way to keep the baby occupied for a little while!!!
ReplyDeleteI love the musical shakers idea. It probably beats buying one when you can make it yourself.
ReplyDelete