Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I'm Still Here!

Hi everyone! I'm so sorry I've been MIA! Life and Mother Nature (specifically Hurricane Irene) have been keeping me from posting lately.

After Irene, my internet was down and it took my provider a few days before it was finally fixed. No big deal and we are truly blessed to not be affected as severely as other families in my area.  

During the hurricane, The power only flickered in our apartment. My family and my in-laws who both live a few blocks away end up losing power for a few hours. I also have friends who ended up going without electricity for a week. 

The city I live in and other surrounding towns suffered major flooding. My grandfather's basement flooded but not as bad as expected. Some homes located a few blocks away from us that are close to the Rahway River are now destroyed due to flooding. Even are local animals hospital flooded out as you can see in the picture below which was taken by my sister-in-law.

Building with the red shutters to back left is our local animal hospital which was heavily flooded (click on image to enlarge). Also pictured is a rescue boat used to rescue families from their flooded homes.

My sister took this photo a block away from where my family live and on the same street as the animal hospital. As you see there were people trying to save there vehicles from the flooding by parking them on the top of a bridge. I'd like to mention that this is a county road and normally is a very busy.

In the days after the hurricane it was hard to get around. There were lakes running across major roads and flooding in other areas. Even to this day there is still clean up going on and people still trying to salvage what's left of their homes and personal properties. My heart goes out to those people.

I also mentioned that "life" has kept me from posting. Our apartment lease is up at the end of September we're (My husband and I) currently in the process of looking for a new place. We've been looking for a 2 bedroom rental for a while now but haven't had any luck finding one. We don't have to leave after our lease is up and can liver here on a month to month basis but we prefer to get out of here as soon as we can. Since having E, Are apartment has become very cramped with all the baby essentials and we need the room.  

Anyway, I promise to update current features and post more content soon!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you all are safe!! Happy 5 months your little Elise also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am now following you from Wednesday blog hop

    http://youngcouponmama.blogspot.com/

    Glad you are all well and safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you came out ok!

    New follower from Blogging Buddies. Hope you'll visit my blog at http://momsbestnest.blogspot.com/ and consider following back. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis