Sunday, April 8, 2012

Copy-Kids DVD {Review & #Giveaway}

Do you have a tough time getting your child to try fruits and vegetables? Maybe they like particular fruits and veggies but are afraid to try new things?  

Copy-Kids is a fun solution for parents who want their children to enjoy eating fruits and veggies and encourages the development of healthy eating habits in young children.  

The DVD is geared towards children as early as 6 months old to 5 years of age and features 12 chapters that focus on a different fruit or vegetable. Copy-Kids shows different children consuming and clearly enjoying the different food being featured. Some of the fruits and veggies focused on in the DVD are Bell Peppers, Cucumbers, Carrots, Avocado, Tomatoes, Broccoli, Oranges, Bananas, Raspberries, Strawberries, Apples & Blueberries.

Child eating Broccoli in Copy-Kids
Copy-Kids also features an interview with pediatrician Dr. Jay Gordon, MD, FAAP, who is the author of Good Food Today, Great Kids Tomorrow. Dr. Gordon talks about childhood obesity and makes suggestions for parents on how to encourage their children to make healthier food choices. 

Baby E is hooked on this DVD! The first time we watched it together, she started making chewing movements with her mouth. She was totally copying the children she was watching! E is a lover of all food so I really don't have any issues with her trying fruits and vegetables. 

My 3 year old nephew on the other hand is the complete opposite from my daughter. He is a super picky eater and it's hard to get him to try new things. After watching Copy-Kids, his attitude changed! He said to me, "Trisha I want that!" He was referring to the bell pepper he was watching in one of the segments. Unfortunately we did not have a bell pepper for him to try. We will definitely be better prepared next time we watch Copy-Kids! After watching the DVD a few times, my nephew has become more open to trying new things! 

I recommend Copy-Kids to every parent. The idea of it is so simple yet is so effective! The DVD is engaging and the only thing I suggest before your child watches it is to make sure you have the foods featured on hand! This is because your little one is likely to want these fruits and veggies after seeing the segments. 

Check out the Copy-Kids website for more information and make sure to visit them on Facebook! 

Buy it!
You can purchase the Copy-Kids DVD on their website for just $19.95!

Win it!
Copy-Kids is giving one of my lucky readers a their DVD! Enter to win using the Rafflecopter for below! Giveaway is open to US residents 18 and older.
a Rafflecopter giveawayI was provided with a Copy-Kids DVD for review purposes. No other form of compensation was received. All opinions are my own. honest opinions.

11 comments:

  1. I want to win this for Larkyn, she is a picky eater!
    j1man1r66@etex.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would win this for my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to win this for my son!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A friends daughter, she is a picky eater.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have loved this for my kids when they were this age. It would have been great for them!
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Formy granddaughter

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would to win this for my son

    xporschex27@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want this for my two boys--Izzy and Dom

    ReplyDelete
  9. My kids are pretty good about trying foods - but there are some they WILL NOT try and maybe this DVD will help!

    Samantha D
    dull2000 at cox dot net

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis