Thursday, September 13, 2012

Jolly Time Back to School Popcorn Trio!



Popcorn is one of my favorite anytime snacks! It's a healthier alternative to snacks like chips and candy and is naturally low in fat and calories.  

One of my favorite Popcorn brands is Jolly Time Pop Corn. They are a family owned company that's been around since 1914 and are the original brand name of popcorn in America. Jolly Time offers a variety of traditional and microwave popcorn products that can be found in grocery stores nationwide. 

They have the only popcorn endorsed by Weight Watchers and feature a selection of delicious 100 Calorie Healthy Pop varieties which include sweet-and-salty Kettle Corn and a rich Butter Flavor. The 100 calorie Healthy Pop have 0 grams of trans fat per serving and just 5 cups equal 1 serving of whole grain. 

I recently had the opportunity to try the Jolly Time Pop Corn Trio that not only included the 100 Calorie Healthy Pop Kettle Corn and Butter flavor, it also had Blast O Butter which was hands down my favorite! Each box of popcorn includes 4 Mini Bags that contain the perfect serving size.


 

Jolly Time Pop Corn makes tan excellent after school snack that will satisfy your child's hunger and hold them over until dinner time! I had my 4 year old nephew try the Kettle Corn and Healthy Pop Butter and he loved them, especially the Kettle Corn. I think his favorite part of the popcorn was having his own Mini Bag to eat from. 

Since introducing my sister and nephew to Jolly Time Pop Corn, My sister now sends the Mini Bags to daycare every once in a while for my nephew's afternoon snack. The Mini Bags fit perfectly in his lunch box and his school is conveniently equipped with a microwave right in the classroom so it works out great! 

Like I mentioned above, my personal favorite was the Blast O Butter. It tasted just like the popcorn you find in movie theaters! I also love the Mini Bags, It's so nice to have your own individual bag of popcorn. 

Check out these fun popcorn facts:
  • Americans consume 16 billion quarts of this whole grain treat! That's 51 quarts per man, woman, and child
  • Popcorn is low in calories. Air-popped has only 31 calories per cup while oil-popped has only 55 per cup.
  • Of the six types of maize/corn (pod, sweet, flour, dent, flint, and popcorn), Only popcorn pops
  • Most US popcorn is grown in the midwest, Primarily in Indiana, Nebraska, Ohio Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky and Missouri.
  • The peak period for popcorn sales for home consumption is fall.
  • Most popcorn comes in 2 basic shapes, snowflake and mushroom. Snowflake is used in movie theaters and ballparks because it looks and pops bigger. Mushroom is used for candy confections because it doesn't crumble.
Pretty interesting, am I right?

Visit Jolly Time's website and while you're there, check out the great recipes provided! You can also connect with Jolly Time on Facebook and Twitter!

Buy it!
You can purchase Jolly Time Pop Corn on their website or click on Where to Buy for a list of retailers near you! 

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis